Sunday, January 23, 2011

January 23rd

Today I went out sliding again. This is the same jump as in the picture with Hobbes in midair, but today, Steph decided to try it on a tube. We were nervous that she might get hurt, especially when we saw her feet fly up over her head, due to the dramatic angle of the jump. But then the most amazing thing I have ever seen happened. I have no idea how she did this, but her feet continued around (clockwise in the photo) and she somehow managed to hit the ground on her knees with the tube (how she hung on, I do not know) cushioning the impact of her elbows, which supported most of the weight of her fall, and the toes of her boots dug in and made her skid to a stop. Of course, she was totally freaked out and doesn't plan to attempt anything like that again, but oh my goodness, it was epic.

No comments:

Post a Comment