Monday, January 17, 2011

January 14th

I've never been really interested in puzzles, but my mom loves them. This is a 1000 piece puzzle that she started on the kitchen table. I started idly placing pieces here and there, and then became addicted. Furthermore, we had an event coming up Saturday, and my mom said that we wouldn't have the puzzle finished by then, and would have to just put it away (we don't have a puzzle mat or anything). This sounded to me like a challenge, which I promptly accepted. Throughout the week I worked on the puzzle, for a couple hours each day, until it was finally finished Friday. I think I could do the same puzzle twice, if I liked the puzzle. Sort of like how I love climbing Mt. Monadnock, over and over again. I guess I like the familiar, although maybe that's unusual when it comes to puzzles.

No comments:

Post a Comment