Monday, January 17, 2011

January 17th

A bunch of my friends and I headed out to Horsebarn Hill to do some sliding/sledding. Many of us donned plastic garbage bags with holes cut out for our arms, head, and feet, and went down the hill like penguins. At one point, we decided to make a train of people, and managed to go super far, super fast with a line of eleven people! It was amazing. On one side of the hill was a massive jump, with a well-packed trail leading down to it. My friends Hobbes and Steph decided to go down it in their bags. Here is a close-up shot of Hobbes in mid-air (close-up because this is actually zoomed in as far as my camera could go, considering the hill is so large). Soooo awesome.

It's days like these when it just hits me how lucky I am to have these amazing people for friends. How many people will put on garbage bags and go flying down a snow-covered hill, despite the inevitable result of soaked clothing and numb extremities? How many people will immediately get on board with the idea of a huge person-tobagan (11 was the answer today), not once, not twice, but three times, trying to fix what went wrong the first two times? My friends are silly and adventurous and awesome, and I am so blessed to know them.

No comments:

Post a Comment