Monday, April 4, 2011

April 4th

Free T-shirts are always great, but free hats, not so much. Neat idea, crappy follow-through. You can't see the back, but it has a stretchy band around the base. The hat's also not exactly baseball cap-shaped, but more flat on top, kind of like a mailman's hat. It was a nice try, though, UConn.

Last night, the women's basketball team lost to Notre Dame. It's a very solemn day on campus. It was very quiet last night, in stark contrast to the night last week when the men won their Final Four game. Tonight is the men's championship game, and many Huskies are headed to Gampel to watch the game on a huge projector screen. I've never been much for sports, so I'm staying in to work on a paper I've been putting off. I might turn on the TV to check the score now and then, although if there are groups of people in the building watching the game on their TVs, I'm sure I will be able to hear when we score or not. I'm only a little bit scared to see the great drunken enthusiasm that will break out on campus if we win. Tuesday's going to bring with it some very hungover Huskies. I wonder if my classes will be sparsely populated.

This is the Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis. It is excellent and you should read it. David and I are almost finished. And then? On to Infinite Jest! Unless he has another book in mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment